Wednesday 4 January 2012

French goodies

Who doesn't love this poster?


And who knows what it's actually FOR? Not me, so I decided to look it up. It's a poster for a French cabaret nightclub in Montmartre back in the 1880s. Which is actually still there, although it's now a funky little hotel.

Cool!

Anyway the point is, I have friends from France visiting for a few days and they thoughtfully brought a late Christmas pressie with them in the form of this cute little tin.

And look what happens when you open it...


YU-UM!

Apparently the sweet biscuits are made of mostly butter and sugar, while the little chocolates and things are all direct from genuine Parisian chocolatiers.


Mmmm. I am going to keep this tin forever.

4 comments:

  1. The stuff inside looks AMAZING! Glad it wasn't gievn to me or I would be tempted to EAT THEM ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the cat poster! My uncle brought it back from France for me many years ago! Must get it framed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I have 2 of those posters. The little cookies look so good!!!

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY! That box of cookies looks delicious! I love macaroons :)

    ReplyDelete