Saturday 6 October 2012

The Purple Blooms dress

The pattern:  Vogue 8766

Alterations: NONE. I love this pattern. I can cut it out, sew it, and I'm done.

Here is the sort-of-draped version when I was testing the fabrics together

 

This is actually a test version of this design. I plan on making it in pink but I wanted to test it out for potential alterations first.


And now here I am feeling "ok-word" as it's been a while since I tried to look alluring for the camera


Also trying not to fall over in heels. Since I sprained my ankle back in June I haven't been able to wear heels AT ALL. It's KILLING ME. (But it gives me an excuse to buy super cute flat shoes)

            

Erm....
  

 And do you like my drag queen nails?


 So it's been a while since I was around! Here's what I've been up to:

Sickness
Small emotional breakdown
Moving house
Sickness again

But I'm back now! With more sewing to come, all to be featured in my new lovely courtyard.

And since my beloved looks so cute in her little hat, here she is.



If I haven't popped by your blog to say hi lately, I'll be sure to do so soon!

12 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to see you back!!! You look as gorgeous as ever in your fecktacular new frock - sewing can be so relaxing:). I'm DYING. DYING I say, over your spotty green shoooooooooz!!!!!! Drag queen nails? A resounding YES!!! Big hugs to you lovely xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooooooooooo glad to see you back, and that skirt is my dream.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. THOSE SHOES!

    want!! they are hot as hell ;-)

    Yay for blogging again too! And the skirt is super rad - nothing better than being able to knock together a pattern without having to fit the damn thing! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't look ok-word to me - you look HOT! Love that dress and the shoes are divine (I haven't worn heels in more than a year since the last time my back went wonky - I'm not sure if I'll ever wear them again and I'm kinda getting used to the idea now). Glad you are feeling better and back blogging - I've missed you! And your beloved is as beautiful as you. Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you've been through a rough patch.

    Love the pattern. And everything about your style. Is that Betty Boop ink on your calf? Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you have a Betty Boop tat!!!!!!!!!! I adore Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you're back! :) I kind of came here on a whim today and now I'm super glad I did.

    Your talent knows no bounds by the way. That dress is exquisite.

    I'm sorry to hear you have been having a rough time. I hope you are feeling MUCH better. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling!!!
    Looking HAWT,good to see you in some sexacious heels! Cute tattoo too....
    That is a darling frock,rather curve hagging-tastic!!!
    I dream of a pattern I don't have to piss around with!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! There's a few hues I've been trying to add more of to my wardrobe this year and purple has definitely been one of them. Awesome job on increasing the violet quota in your own wardrobe with this splendid handmade creation.


    Wishing you positive health & a serene week ahead,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to see you back, and hopefully fully recovered.
    You are both gorgeous.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yah you are FINALLY back and will a gorgeous purple dress. So great for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you both look so cute and happy together! good to know your back in blogland.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete