Monday 10 December 2012

Green Marilyn dress



 V8727


 
Alterations:
The skirt. The skirt is made up of front/side front, back/side back pieces, but I didn't have enough material for this. I think when the skirt is made correctly, it is slightly fuller than a circle skirt. I used a circle skirt from another pattern here.


The bodice. This dress has a very high, short waist. I extended the waistline by a couple of inches, and it still sat high. This is a problem for me, because I already have a high waist. A high waist on a dress gives me a lovely pregnant-stomach look. So I added an extension to the bodice on the front only. You can't really see it from the outside but in the lining it's more obvious.


And now here I am larking about in it.






~*~ ..the end.. ~*~

8 comments:

  1. I love this dress on you! You should make a second one in purple <3

    HRF

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIVINE! Great colour on you and the fit is sublime - your rack looks AMAZING! I agree one in purple - floral perhaps? Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you know me too well girls! I'm sure it won't be long before a purple version is swishing about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, this dress is so terrifically pretty - awesome job on it! I love the alluring cut of the halter neck with the more conservative plaid fabric. The juxtaposition of the two is so splendidly appealing.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this dress. It features my favorite color and the fact that it is Marilyn inspired. :) You look sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O,this is gorgeous!!!
    Your rack indeed does look rather splendid!! (Trust Sarah!)
    I love the fabric, and it's such a classic style, you could have a dozen of them in different colours and patterns and never get sick of it!
    I wouldn't mind a closer perve at that back tattoo....!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That is such great fabric and a killer cut - I wouldn't have thought to make something like that.

    Perfect for summer too!
    Sorry I haven't dropped off the face of the planet - snowed under with waaay too much going on and silly season. Ergh!

    ReplyDelete